Contract Project Manager
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for a project manager to join our project management office for a 6-9 month contract-to-hire role.
FlightAware is the largest aviation web site in the world, serving more than 200M pages / month. We process over 40 million incoming messages an hour from over 45 individual data feeds—over 150 gigabytes a day and growing—to provide the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry.
The ideal individual has strong experience working as a project manager. You'll:
- Plan, lead, and drive to completion FlightAware’s office move.
- Create and update a project plan.
- Facilitate meetings as needed.
- Resolve blockers and mitigate risks.
- Manage and handle communication with third-party vendors.
- Communicate status updates to executives, both verbally and in writing.
- As time permits, manage small projects for the sales team.
- 5+ years Project Management experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Able to think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment, and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to dig deep and thoroughly understand problems and solutions.
- Ideally, you'll have experience coordinating an office move as a project manager.
Professionally, you’re driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed, and plowing ahead to completion when the path forward is clear. You’re naturally curious, exploring new methodologies to stay current, but balancing the use of new and old to ensure that execution is a priority.
We have fascinating engineering problems and have released a bunch of open source projects. We’re a fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant. This profile of us by 37signals is a good overview of who we are.
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Contract Project Manager - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.